Here we GO!

Here we GO!

Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

February 11, 2009

Coming to an end soon...


So the past couple weeks have been both very challenging and rewarding. We are currently in Sihanoukville (one of the beaches in Cambodia) enjoying our teams debrief. We have been working on our video to show at graduation, it's a summary of our entire outreach and I will be bringing a copy home with me. Last week we were in Battambang at an orphanage called Vannys. That was probably with out a doubt the hardest week of outreach for me!

Vannys has approximately 25 kids that range from age 7 to about 20. We were told it was out in the middle of no where and we would be staying there the entire week (no escape.) Lets just say my journal became my dear friend this week! We slept on a tile floor surrounded by 4 cement walls. We taught English and Bible to the kids from 8am to 10am then again at 1pm to 3 pm. Then at night we had a worship service from about 7pm until 8:00 then we went to bed. While we were not teaching, the four of us would lay in this room and do what... Honestly I can't remember and I am scared to look back and read my journal! The one thing that kept me going was how amazing the kids were! Just to see them worship God was heartbreaking. They would raise their little hands and sing SO loud to their father!! One little boy was so precious and it made me so sad to think he did not have a real family. I found myself purposely not getting attached to any of them simply to spare me and them from heartache!
This week shall also forever be remembered as the week we did not shower! Yes I know, we are some rough girls! Someone once told us they thought we would come back from outreach as girly girls, but after last week Im thinking not going to happen! We have become a very close and unified team, name the task and we are on it!! =) I will miss these gals when I have to leave them.

So we start traveling back to Australia on Friday the 13th. It will be good to see everyone from the other outreach teams! Courtney and Daniel have been in Indonesia on a surfers outreach. Michael has been in Vanuatu working with kids I believe and the other guys have been in Cambodia and Thailand doing other hands on ministry, building things and such. It will be our schools debrief with a little bit of surfing! Okay hopefully a lot of surfing!! I am ready for English speaking people!

3 comments:

lindsey ann said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! I'm so glad to hear that you'll be back in the States so very soon :-) Can't wait! Have a wonderful rest of the week there, and enjoy your last days in Australia.

Anonymous said...

You have experienced so much and I can't wait to hear about it all!! I would have loved to see those precious children worship Jesus!
Have joy while putting together the video and the last few days in Cambodia. We miss you HUGE!!!!