I fly out September 14Th (27 days!) and my commitment is until December 2010. I will try (God willing) to come home for a month in between so see everyone and give updates face to face! God has blessed me with am amazing family as a support system! I will work up until the beginning of September trying to earn as much money as I can before I leave. However this is a volunteer staffing position so I will have to raise support again. They encourage us to get monthly supporters, for example: 12 supporters giving $50 a month or 25 giving $20. Of course a one time donation is awesome as well. It is a tax-deductible contribution and I have an account set up through a YWAM base in Texas that takes care of everything for me and you! There is also direct bill-pay online available as well to make it easier, just email patrobinson@ywamtyler.org and ask how! You can also send a donor-preferenced gift made out to YWAM and enclose a separate note requesting that YWAM make the donation to me. Also checks should mailed to:
Accounting Department
PO Box 3000
Garden Valley
TX 75771-3000
I want to ask you to pray about what I have shared with you and if it seems like something you would like to be a part of then your prayers and/or financial support would be appreciated. Things that I will need prayer for::
- The September school has more girls than guys (which is different from the school i was on, we had 2 guys houses & 1 girls house now it will be visa versa). More girls means.. I will have more one-on-one’s & a bigger small group to lead.
- I ask you to pray for God’s wisdom as I help mentor these girls. I will need prayer for rest as we will have a busy schedule and that I would make quiet times a high priority.
- You can pray for God’s guidance in all of my steps & actions down there.. as i will be in a leadership role.. I will need to be bringing everything before the Lord asking his guidance on every area of my life.
- Also keep my family in your prayers as they send off two of their four kids over seas.
I want this to be my heart... and I'm trying
Philippians 2:3-4
3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Thank you thank you THANK YOU... to you all who are a part of this with me!

2 comments:
Thank you for sharing your heart as well as your prayer needs!!! We are so proud of where God has brought you. Your love for others has inspired me. Thank you for that. Our prayers will be with you and A.J. every minute of every day!! The tears have now begun. God is Big enough to bring us all through a time of growth and separation. God is BIG and GREAT!!
We Love You!
Mom and Dad
That is awesome Amanda! Pam and I will definitely be praying for you.
Post a Comment