Here we GO!

Here we GO!

Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

July 31, 2012

Calgary, AB

I have so much time on my hands these days, I decided it is time to sit down and write to share with you my experience of Canada. Life does not always go as we expect so we have to embrace what we get and try our best to enjoy it! I gave up my job in September of last year so that I could be with my husband in Canada as much as I could. You could say our married life began around then.. a month after the actual ceremony! (Weird start to our marriage but thank you USA border patrol for that one.) 

He was born and raised in Calgary, Canada. It is what he has grown up knowing and loving. Within the last year his parents and sister have all moved about 8 hours away in B.C. Canada. Here in Calgary the only family we have is his brother and his girlfriend, whom we have gotten very close with recently. Us living in Canada has been really good for their relationship. Just one of the reasons I believe God has us here in Calgary!

Other than his brother we have a few friends but we keep to ourselves quite a bit. God is teaching us so much about each other independently and about how to be ONE together. It was always hard for me to depend on anyone (especially a man) but I am learning to depend on Aaron as our family provider. He depends on me to cook most nights and keep the house clean! The wifely duties as I like to say. It's always awkward when someone asks me "well what do you do during the day?" Well lets see.... what don't I do during the day. I always have so much and it is great. It will be hard to go back to work one day! I had a good conversation with my sister about working again and she made a good point. There would be days at my last job that I would sit at the salon and just wait doing one client. I will never go back to that life again. I will work for myself and make more money while NOT wasting time. Another lesson God has taught me while living here!

One thing we miss is a Christian community. We watch a lot of sermons online of Andy Stanley. We tried a few different churches here but none really suit what we are looking for as a couple. It is also very hard when you know that in a couple months you will be uprooting your entire life over 3,700 miles away. We look forward to having a good small group that we meet with on a regular basis. "Well, when we are in Georgia..." has become a regular quote these days. okay okay.. back to Canada..

We drove to visit his parents and sister about a month ago and WOW was that a gorgeous drive. The Alberta mountains will never get old to me. "Saviour, He can move the mountains For my God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save Forever, author of Salvation Where He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the grave" This song always plays in my head when I see them. Their beauty is amazing. I must say If Aaron and I were to live in Canada one day Kelowna is where I would want to set up roots. It is beautiful over there. Reminded me of Georgia a little. Calgary is a bit too crowded for me. I like space and it is hard to have space here. I think that is why Aaron and I at times are a little bit like loners! haha!

As for now we are keep our spirits high and enjoying what the Lord provides for us. Aaron has a great job, we just sold his MR2 and things are looking up. Do not get me wrong, things have been really hard this 1st year of marriage BUT if we can make it through everything that has been thrown at us this year we can fight through anything. As Aaron would say "We make a great team Mayhay!" He is a good positive man which is just what I need in my life!

Update: We are waiting to hear back about the Spouse Visa.. If we can skip the visa interview (we are unsure at this point) then we will be entering the next phase which is called the IVP phase. This phase could take 4-18 weeks. Yup... patience everyone... patience.

No comments: