Hey everyone!! First off I miss you all and am SO thankful for all your prayers!
The flight over was a hard one but I made it here in one piece!! I arrived here and made instant friends with people! There are 10 girls and 20 guys total. The about 10 on staff. I have already attempted surfing a few times and LOVE it!!
A couple days a go we shared our testimonies with one another and it was such a humbling experience! God has brought each and every one of us here for a reason. I am super stoked to see what God is going to do in each one of our lives!
We also have work duties we do weekly, it acts as our job while we are here. Mine is hospitality with a girl named Christy. We make cards for the guest speakers, plan birthday parties, and make sure everyone feels loved and welcome!! Oh and best part we get to bake cookies for all the houses! Heck yes =)
We also have weekly local outreach and I signed up for the surfing outreach. Basically we get up on Saturday mornings, head out to Coolum Beach and make pancakes for all the surfers! Ask them questions, build relationships and eventually share with them our faith! Super excited about that!
We all so have 4 book reports we have to do. The first book we are reading is, "Is that really you God?" Its about YWAM, basically tells the story of how is came to be. Good book so far! They have been keeping us super busy here, which has been good for me!
Lets see side note, I blew up my hair dryer, flat iron and 2 converters since I have been here....Oooppppss! They have bats pretty much the size of bat man also! But besides that its awesome here! Next week we find out where our Out reach location will be! We will be broken up into four teams of 8 or 9! So pray for my team, whomever that may be!!
Love all of you!

3 comments:
sounds amazing!! make some yummy banana pancakes :) miss you already girl-- glad its going so well though! love you!!
watch out for those giant spiders that i heared are there...yikes! yay for the update :) love you!
Hospitality team!? that's so you! I'm excited. You better teach me how to surf some day!
Post a Comment