Last week we had lectures on "Hearing Gods Voice." It was very interesting to me, learning to listen and wait for God. Really testing him in a sense to speak to us. I never really felt like God spoke directly to me, however there was one instance that sticks out to me!
Friday early afternoon we hiked up Mt. Coolum, which is a mountain that overlooks the entire Sunshine Coast. We had worship, then prayed for the people and churches of the Coast. Aaron, a local Aussie who grew up on the coast and is one of our leaders, shared with us specific things to pray for. One thing was for the coast not to be so wrapped up with material things. We were broken up in groups of about 4 and for some reason our group was having such a hard time concentrating. After all of us had prayed one of the guys in our group, Michael, broke his bracelet then sunglasses. At the time we could not help but laugh and be distracted. Then when everyone shared what God had spoke to them it hit me. God was teaching us as well not to be wrapped up in material things. Yes we came here with 2 suitcases and wish we had more stuff, but we have to lead by example. So overall I might not have heard an audible voice, but I believe I still heard from God!
This week we are learning "The father Heart of God." Should be good, I am looking forward to it. We also found out our Outreach locations. I am going with a team of 5 girls to Thailand and Cambodia. We will be working specifically with the woman who sale themselves for sex to make money. There is a line of bars about a mile long in Thailand that is full of woman who work there ready to go home with any man. Men from all over the world go there to buy these woman for one night, then head back to there wives. Its sickening. These woman are just looking for a man to marry and pay off there debt. So we will go there and "buy" the woman or do whatever it takes to share with them an alternate life style. We will be working with an organization that will give them jobs and a place to live! It is a bit dangerous but that is what the power of prayer is for! Our team is Bethany (from Canada and she is our leader), Jacklyn (from Canada), Maria(from Finland), Maria(from Denmark) and me! God has started preparing my heart for this so I am really excited to be used! We leave sometime right after Christmas.
Some interesting things I have learned...
~I have gone without T.V. for 3 weeks now and I can totally live without it.
~I love green apples, eat one everyday...that could change.
~peanut butter and jelly is a GREAT alternate lunch and dinner!
~I have learned to sleep without air conditioning! crazy I know...
~11 girls in one house, 2 bathrooms it gets interesting for sure!
~ummm.... I miss chocolate!
Love you all and thanks for the prayers!
Mom and dad miss having dinner at your house!!!
A.J. hope you are enjoying my car, because I miss it!
Matthew I miss your bed, this bed sucks!
and sister, I am so glad I talked to you first about my decision. You confirmed it in me that I had made the right call! I am so thankful God gave me a sister. You rock my face off!

3 comments:
Wow! 3 weeks, that's totally crazy. It's so cool all the fun things you are learning, about yourself and God. I love you SO much and I miss you like CRAZY! Super proud of you!
Manders, i forgot about your blog! I love it, since i'm the dork that doesn't have skype, that now i can actually know what's going on in your life. So proud of what your learning and how you have an open and willing spirit to listen to what God is teaching you! I know he has great things in store.
wow! you with no air conditioning? that is craziness! hehe peanut butter and jelly is awesome for meals. ok well i miss you tons and love you lots! talk to you soon.
:)
Post a Comment