Here we GO!

Here we GO!

Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

September 19, 2009

Walking in the Spirit

Awesome story..

To set it up for you I need to tell you about an amazing spirit lead guy named Andrew. Andrew was on staff during my DTS and has been ever since, so all together he has been here for a year. He has 7 more days on the coast then he leaves for home near Fargo. This man is an prophet of God, and because of this he experiences a lot of spiritual warfare. Alright so back to the story...

So Cj and I were sitting in our house praying for our one on one wondering what the day was going to bring. Little did we know what we were in for! As we sat talking we felt like God was going to do something with our day. As we wondered what that might possibly look like we both looked at each other and said, "lets go for a walk!" Its a crazy long story but through scriptures and prayer God lead us right were we needed to be 4 1/2 hours later. The scripture God used to speak to us was.... Song of Songs 2:10-18ish:

“Arise, my darling,
my beautiful one, and come with me.
See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.
The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their
fragrance.
Arise, come my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me.
My dove in the clefts of the rock,
in the hiding places on the
mountainside
,

show me your face,
let me hear your voice;
for your voice is sweet,
and your face is lovely.
Catch for us the foxes,
the little foxes
that ruin the vineyards,
our vineyards that are in bloom.
My lover is mine and I am his.”


We kept getting bits and pieces of the story along the way. I'll sum it up for you! Basically God spoke to both me and Cj about Andrew and that we needed to find him and pray over him. We felt that he was up against something strong, this heaviness come over the two of us and we began to grow weary fast. After some good curb side pray, we finally found his house and were able to pray for him. He is going through a lot right now and of course he wants to know what God has in store next for his life. Please keep Andrew in your prayers over the next week as he is battling a lot before he leaves for home. That is a very summed up version of the story but I truly believe God used it to teach me and Cj to walk by faith and when your done and over it, keep going!

Update ::: There is 6 girls on staff and 3 guys on staff this school. We have been bonding over the past week and they all seem very solid which makes me stoked for this school! We have moved into our houses finally. I will be living in one of the girls student houses (the one I lived in last time.) I have been appointed as house leader which means I have to confront any conflict with-in the house, hold people accountable to things and make sure we are always on time to school. There is a lot more that goes along with it but please keep me in your prayers! I have 3 one on ones I will meet with on a weekly basis, plus a small group to lead. We have staff training for the next 5 days and students begin arriving Friday! We have also been praying into outreach locations. Im excited to see where God will lead our school!

Prayer Request ::: Cj and I have been praying for a cheap car to come our way. It would make it easier to meet with our one on ones and for other things as well! A couple of the staff have been given cars or found them for under 1000 bucks. So we are praying for a divine car appointment sometime soon! We like to pray BIG!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Praying for you missy! I am glad God is working in your life and growing you already. I will pray for your request - and God answers big prayers. It shows how awesome he is and that He can do mighty things!!!

Love ya

Linda said...

I say AMEN to what Jessica said!!!! Love You BIG!!

kelsey said...

i love you mayhay! i'm praying for you and i miss you!