Here we GO!

Here we GO!

Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

October 10, 2009

My Hero


As I was thinking of how to describe this person to you I was struggling to find the words to explain just how much this person means to me and how they changed my life.

At the beginning of this DTS we all share our testimonies to the entire group. Twice now I have done this and it was just this last time I realized what a role she had in my life, and I want her to know it!

I grew up in a christian home, wonderful parents and the best family life a girl could ask for. When I was six I decided to follow Christ but Id say just within the past few years have I really understood what following Jesus means! I have failed many times at life but its at those times we need support the most. I put my awesome family through heck and back on multiple occasions, however they never stopped loving me and poring into me (much like our heavenly Father!) I have an amazing earthly father who has been the best role model for what I want in a husband, a mom who will pray for me until God comes back and I can always count on her. I have two little brothers that are the best accountability I could ever ask for, and one older sister. Six years ago, well I guess seven years, my sister found out she was pregnant. This was the first grandchild and we were all over joyed to be blessed with Elijah. A couple years later God blessed our family with little Miss Peyton! My sister and her husband have two beautiful children that both have been diagnosed with Autism. They live everyday glorifying God for there two children, they are their life (and mine when I am home!) I sit here at the computer for 2 reasons. One to share with you all how amazing my sister is, and Two to share with you the huge roll she plays in my testimony!

A couple years ago the four of us Parker kids were at a summer camp called Big Stuf. The speaker asked if anyone needs healing from a hard life, or from being angry with God then stand up. I looked over only to see my sister sitting. It was at that moment that God showed me exactly what he wanted me to see all along.. when you are tired and weary, when you are frustrated and upset, when you think you can not give him anymore, think again. Everyday she gives and gives for these two kids and when the end of the day comes she knows she will wake up and do it all again, and for the rest of her life if she has too! Why because Gods hand was upon Eli and Peyton when they were born. He formed them in his PERFECT image in her womb and she would not have it any other way. God calls us to serve him, and by serving her kids she is serving God! Which leads me to say if it was not for her and her current situation Im not sure I would be where I am today. She inspires me to be who God has called me to be. Not a wife, not a mother (though hopefully I will be those things one day) but a servant for Christ. Which for me looks like being a missionary over seas at the moment! God used her to get through to me. God can use us all no matter what is going on in our lives or where we are at. If you ever find yourselves saying things like she would say, "I just want to make a difference" or "I want to do big things" stop and soak in the moment. Because wether you realize it or not YOU ARE making a difference and you are doing big things. Somebody somewhere out there is affected by your daily life.

I struggle from time to time and wonder why two with Autism, but its always if God whispers in my ear... "This is for MY GLORY Amanda. Do you trust me?"...
I am learning what true trust is, and I am holding firm to it! The hardest part for me is being far far away and not being able to hold them, but I know God is doing it for me!

I want my sister and Andy to know how much it means to me to see them carry out Gods plan for their lives. This family of four is blessed and will be blessed, and I want everyone to pray that God shows great favor on them! They deserve it.

So when someone asks me is there someone in you life that has been an inspiration to you, I say yes my entire family but especially my sister!! Thank you God for her obedience.



1 comment:

Linda Parker said...

Amanda I LOVE You!!! GOD IS GREAT!!!!!! Mom