Here we GO!

Here we GO!

Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

October 15, 2009

Obedience

Obedience is::
Compliance with someone's wishes or orders
or acknowledgement of authority.

I am learning in the best possible way how to be truly obedient to my Heavenly Father. Its very hard at times, but once you obey there is a peace that comes over you. I have slept amazing the past two nights and I know its a blessing from God. Sometimes it sucks to hear Gods voice because he asks things of us we don't want to do. My dear friend Kelly reminded me the only reason God asks big things of you is because you have been obedient to the little things! This encouraged me to keep placing my trust in him. There is a reason for it all! God has made his presence know to me so clearly lately. When I start doubting a decision that I have made, he confirms to me (using a student usually) that I have made the right one.
There are so many students here that need to learn true obedience, so many that are holding onto things and not fully trusting God to take care of them. My hope is that God will use me to speak truth into their lives. If I can live it in my daily life then I hope it will rub off on the people I am around. With Gods help I can stand strong and believe he will prevail in the end!
My room mate and I were praying yesterday
about life and some of our current situations, one being outreach planning. I have not heard back from any of my contacts over in Africa and I just really would like to have an idea of what we will be doing. All the students keep asking me what the exact plan looks like and I have no answers as of yet. After our prayer time we went to the church for dinner. I checked my email only to find an email from one of my contacts in Madagascar! God is good, and bigger than we can even comprehend!
Please continue to pray for our outreach team! Unity is a big one we need prayer for. We are a team of 14 which is pretty big and people can bump heads (which I am already seeing.) Also pray for humbled hearts and serving attitudes. Paul, Cj, and I have a lot of preparing and planning to do as well!!
Thanks for everything

3 comments:

Tony and Linda said...

Your Dad and I will be praying about unity, preparation, and humble hearts! Thank you God
for all you are doing and are going to do through the lives of this outreach team of 14!!! Thank you for your example of obedience!

Anonymous said...

B-

Jess said...

Love you and praying for you. Glad to hear how you are learning and growing!